Sunday, May 19, 2013

Book Review: Second Hearts by G.J. Walker-Smith

   
Second Hearts
(The Wishes Series #2)
by G.J. Walker-Smith
Published: 4th April 2013
Charli Blake's high tolerance for risk doesn't always work in her favour.
After a year of living out her dream of travelling the world, the sunny West African village of Kaimte would be her last stop.
She's bound for New York, in search of the boy she'd let go of long ago.
For Charli, nothing has changed. She's travelled thousands of miles but hasn't moved an inch. Adam Décarie still means everything to her.
But reality soon hits hard.
For Adam, everything has changed.
Memories of the best love she's ever known is all she has left, until Charli makes a shocking discovery. None of it had ever been real in the first place.
My Review
étonnamment à couper le souffle

In English..

Amazingly Breathtaking
G.J. Walker-Smith has done it again, she's delivered a mind-blowing second installment to Saving Wishes. I'm so in love with this story and the characters, I just can't get enough!
This story picks up a year later from where Saving Wishes left us. Charli is finally out doing what she's wanted to do for her whole life, travel the world. Travelling with Mitchell was the best spur of the moment decision she's ever made, and she's absolutely loving the experience. But, there's something missing, her heart still aches for Adam. Finally making the decision with the help of Mitchell she packs her bags and heads to New York to get the magical reunion she's been dreaming of for the past year.
When she arrives in New York, things are never the same again.
Charli, just amazes me in this book, the strength she shows is astounding. If I was in her shoes I'm not sure I could've handled what was thrown at her. But she stood tall and showed that NOTHING will keep her from what she wants, and that's Adam. I also love her mouth or should I say what comes out of it, lol. She always has a come back to anything and the things she says had me in fits of laughter.
Adam. Adam. Adam. He's still the sweet dreamy man he was in Saving Wishes but he leads us all on a rollercoaster ride, I was a little upset with his actions in this, he just became blind to everything that was happening around him and Charli suffered in the process. If I could I would've given him a good slap, he definitely needs a wake up call (then I'd kiss it better, lol). He did have his romantic moments and boy, would they get your heart-pounding. *fans face* But who can stay made at him so, I guess he's forgiven, lol. ;-)
We meet old and new characters and each one brings their own unique spice to the story. I love how G.J. Walker-Smith just keeps us guessing, I think I know whats coming and than she hits outta the park and I'm left flabbergasted. My emotions went into hyper drive, by the last word I was at a loss for words and tear streaks down my face. I literally couldn't put this book down, I spent all my Sunday morning in bed with my iphone and ipad, lol.
I am dying to know what's going to happen next, I'll be hanging to the edge of my seat until the third book is released. This series is purely addictive and needs to be read and savoured! ;-)
I'm going to leave you with a little something from Adam, he engraved this on Charli's ring..
I will love you always, wherever you are.

**SIGH**
To find out what he means you need to read Second Hearts.

My Rating


5 Sassy Books!
BUY LINKS
 Get Saving Wishes for only .99c on kindle



If you've read Saving Wishes or are buying it why not get book 2 Second Hearts while you're there for only $2.99 on kindle.


HAPPY READING!!

2 comments:

  1. You're KILLING ME!!! I'm almost halfway through Saving Wishes and absolutely loving it to pieces!!!!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear what you our followers think, thank you for your wonderful comments. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...